Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mascara


Ok so I am an admitted "mascara whore". I love mascara, love it. So of course when I see new mascara products on the market, I have to try them all! Or as many as I can, at least. And I've noticed lately that there is a whole new wave of mascara products on the market recently, that are surpassing every brand I've seen before!

Let's start with something I saw at Target tonight...it was a highlighting mascara based on your eye color. The one for green eyes had a red/black tint, the hazel eyes had a slight golden black tint...pretty cool! I didn't buy those...yet. I needed some basic black for now. But I did pick up two new types that I immediately put on when I got home!

One is by Revlon, called Double Twist. The wand intrigued me... (did I mention that I love that they show the wands through the packaging now!!!!) It has old school brush rows with plastic separating combs between. More of a barrel shape for volume. I tried this one out and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I think the brush is far too large around my eyes and it's kind of hard to tell which part (the comb or bristles) are going to paint your lashes and you end up poking yourself, or globbing on too much. I got this brand in a "two-for" package, and sadly, I may have wasted my $7.

Now the second one I purchased is by Rimmel of London. It's called Glam Eyes. I've always had good luck with the Rimmel brand and have purchased eyeliners and other eye makeup and mascara from them. Glam Eyes caught me with their cute black and pink packaging and also the teeny tiny little pink comb-like brush! I had a feeling this one was going to be better simply because I love small brushes for mascara. I'm more of a length girl...hate clumps, and volume is more of an obvious look. Great for going out to the clubs and being seen, but not so great for wearing to the office. For those of you who are on the same page with me here, I HIGHLY recommend the Glam Eyes by Rimmel! The brush is precise and the formula isn't sticky or clumpy and you get a nice, precise application. Only $5.59 I believe at Target. The only negative I found with this product is that I couldn't find a waterproof formula which I prefer simply because I cry and sweat a lot and also had lasik several months ago and use eye drops regularly. (that makes me sounds gross-I swear it's not that bad!) Anyway, if they may have a waterproof formula, I just didn't see it.

Other noteworthy brands...
Lash Exact by Cover Girl
Define-A-Lash by Maybelline

No comments:

Post a Comment