Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Creating Fantasy


I stumbled upon this picture on http://blissfullydomestic.com/ and it instantly took me away to a happy and blissful place. Lately I've been thinking of ways to create an oasis in my backyard on a tight budget. Some of the solutions I came up with were actually quite simple! I figured the cheapest design change with the most impact is always color. So I started with fresh, bright colors like orange and yellow and searched the house with those colors in mind. Before I knew it I had tons of great little accessories that did the trick in sprucing things up. So when you're down and need a pick me up, decorate! Go through the garage, the closets, random plastic bins (which we all seem to have)...go through the house and look up in the nooks and crannies, on the dusty shelves and you'll see that design options can be mixed and matched and changed AND OFTEN! Take that picture over your sofa and replace it with the one in your spare room. You see everything in a new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment