Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flourite Earrings


I just received my latest copy of Modern Jeweler (June 2009) and have been flipping through as usual, checking out the latest jewelry trends. On page 30 (for those who follow the mag) there is a wonderful collection of jewelry finds under $500. I was captivated by a couple pieces in particular by Luxenter! So a little Google search lead me to the website and I found even more lovely items! These fluorite earrings REALLY caught my eye because I love fluorite, always have. This is a very popular and fairly inexpensive crystal in the metaphysical world, but jewelers lately have been incorporating stones like jasper, agate & tiger's eye into their designs to add new interest, at lower price points for consumers. Note that these stones are much softer and more fragile than the usual settings and require a great deal more care and are not recommended for everyday wear on the fingers or wrist. In fact, the idea of a fluorite bracelet makes me a little nervous because it is so easy to break the stones. These earrings would be a much better choice. Though many find purple fluorite to be the better of the two colors that it comes in, I prefer the green fluorite.

Check out the Luxenter website for more designs, details and pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment