Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Polyvore


Ok so polyvore is probably my most favorite thing on the web to date. I love it. No really, I LOVE IT! I feel like a kid again, I feel art in my veins again. It's a beautiful and wonderful thing. This image is one I created....
The concept is pretty simple (aren't all great ideas?)...there are images all over the web right? Ok so why not put them all together, tag them and then use a simple version of photoshop to layer the images together to create a new image? There are 3 basic types of polyvore...the first and foremost is Fashion. Take a skirt, grab that shirt, some bangles and pumps and maybe a dash of perfume or diamonds and voila! A polyvore is made! How bout a theme, like all red items or all items by chanel? No problem.
Another polyvore type is Interiors. Grab a chair, layer it with a cool capiz shell lamp, some area rugs and wall decor and voila! Yes, you get the idea....a cool layered interior design!
You see, polyvore is all about design. My favorite is of course, the Art polyvore world. The world where anything goes and you can create a virtual painting with textures and colors and beautiful images and haunting scenes....do you want me to say voila again? Cause I will....don't make me do it....VOILA! The master artpiece created!

Take a look at some of my polyvores on the bottom of the blog to see my artistic creations. Better yet, sign up and start polyvoring! You can even follow their blog on the right I have it listed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment